God is calling us to righteousness. God is calling us to change our relationship with Him. We cannot earn righteousness. God gives us the gift of righteousness.
2019 Theme: Preparing the Church through Recovering, Rebuilding, and Repairing this Generation.
God is calling us to righteousness and to serve a righteous cause. Righteousness determines the motivation for why we do what we do. When our relationship with God is right we have a standard of righteousness.
- To challenge us to rise to a new level of righteousness.
- To prove our love for God’s people.
Purpose: That we will establish ourselves as being trustworthy.
- To be trustworthy to carry forth the work.
- To be used by God to do His work.
Goals: That we will serve a righteous cause.
1) Why is God calling us to righteousness.
2) What is righteousness.
3) How to be righteous.
4) The benefit of righteousness.
5) Moving from religion to relationship.
6) Raising up the standard of righteousness.
7) How to respond to the call.
Subtitle: Why is God calling us to righteousness?
- God is calling us to righteousness because He loves the world.
- We have been chosen to represent Him and we have been qualified.
- We have received the gift of righteousness.
If we are not righteous, then we will judge those God sent us to restore. God loves those who He sent His only begotten son to die for (includes everybody).
The Holy Spirit has qualified us to represent Him.
Righteousness cannot be bought or earned, it is a gift received from God.
a) Because of the gift of righteousness, we know how much God loves His people.
b) Because of the gift of righteousness, we know the mercy of God.
c) Because of the gift of righteousness, we know the grace of God.
We have received the gift of righteousness. Because of the gift of righteousness we know how much God loves His people, we know His mercy and we know His grace. Everything that we are receiving from God is a benefit. The Lord is calling us to a new level of righteousness. He wants a more intimate and personal relationship with us.