God is calling us to righteousness for a righteous cause. God wants to do a new thing in the church and we are the church. He wants to do a new thing in us and through us for the benefit of others.
2019 Theme: Preparing the Church through Recovering, Rebuilding, and Repairing this Generation.
God is calling us to righteousness to serve a righteous cause. The righteous cause is the restoration of this generation.
- To challenge us to rise to a new level of righteousness.
- To prove our love for God’s people.
Purpose: That we will establish ourselves as being trustworthy.
- To be trustworthy to carry forth the work.
- To be used by God to do His work.
Goals: That we will serve a righteous cause.
1) Why is God calling us to righteousness.
2) What is righteousness.
3) How to be righteous.
4) The benefit of righteousness.
5) Moving from religion to relationship.
6) Raising up the standard of righteousness.
7) How to respond to the call.
Subtitle: What is righteousness?
There are two aspects of righteousness:
1) One is being right with God, meaning having a relationship with Him. This is called having a position of righteousness.
2) The second aspect is the disposition, meaning where we are in our relationship with Him. This is called the disposition of righteousness.
God wants us to rise to a new level of righteousness. God doesn’t want to use anybody that is not trustworthy. Our spirit knows when we are not right with God. There is a lack of peace and joy because we are not right with God. God changes the heart so that He can change the relationship.
- Righteousness is living the right way.
Living the right way has to do with our relationship with the Lord.
Living the right way keeps us properly aligned with God.
Living the right way means there is a dependency on Him.
When we trust and have confidence in Jesus, and in what Jesus says, it changes our relationship with Him.
a) Dependency on God manifests in prayer.
b) Prayer leads to reading the Bible.
c) We must do what God says.
Righteousness is a gift given to those who believe, being in right relationship with God and living the right way. Living the right way means that there is dependency on Him. Dependency manifests through prayer, reading the bible and doing what God says. When you pray, read and do, God will show up in your situation. It is the doing that makes the difference in how we live and in our relationship with the Lord.