God is calling us in righteousness. God is calling us into a position that He wants us to be. God wants to something new in us, and it begins with righteousness.
2019 Theme: Preparing the Church through Recovering, Rebuilding, and Repairing this Generation.
God is calling us to righteousness to serve a righteous cause. We need to rise to a new level of righteousness. We need to change our relationship with God.
- To challenge us to rise to a new level of righteousness.
- To prove our love for God’s people.
Purpose: That we will establish ourselves as being trustworthy.
- To be trustworthy to carry forth the work.
- To be used by God to do His work.
Goals: That we will serve a righteous cause.
1) Why is God calling us to righteousness.
2) What is righteousness.
3) How to be righteous.
4) The benefit of righteousness.
5) Moving from religion to relationship.
6) Raising up the standard of righteousness.
7) How to respond to the call.
Subtitle: How to be righteous.
1) To be righteous, we have to take responsibility for our relationship with God.
We received it as a gift, but now we have to take responsibility for it. We have to be answerable to God regarding our relationship with Him.
a) We have to assess our relationship.
b) We have to submit to His authority.
c) We have to examine ourselves.
d) We have to seek to know Him through the word of God.
In order to be righteous, we have to take responsibility of our relationship with the Lord. We have to submit to His authority, we have to examine ourselves and we have seek to know Him through our relationship with His word.