God is calling us to righteousness. God wants to do something new in each and everyone of us. It begins with a call to righteousness.
2019 Theme: Preparing the Church through Recovering, Rebuilding, and Repairing this Generation.
We must rise to a new level of righteousness. We need to change the relationship that we have with God. God is providing us an opportunity to get closer to Him. Righteousness is a gift given to those who believe. To believe, trust, and have confidence in Him. We know when we are not right in our hearts.
- To challenge us to rise to a new level of righteousness.
- To prove our love for God’s people.
Purpose: That we will establish ourselves as being trustworthy.
- To be trustworthy to carry forth the work.
- To be used by God to do His work.
Goals: That we will serve a righteous cause.
1) Why is God calling us to righteousness.
2) What is righteousness.
3) How to be righteous.
4) The benefit of righteousness.
5) Moving from religion to relationship.
6) Raising up the standard of righteousness.
7) How to respond to the call.
Subtitle: How to be righteous.
Righteousness is not a bad thing, it is a necessary thing. Righteousness is all about a relationship with God. When we are not in God’s will, then we are not in the right position with Him. We have to agree with the destination, when, where, why, and how. God has already determined these things for us. He has already determined that the righteous cause is to restore this generation. We must come into agreement with Him. Righteousness brings us into oneness with His will.
1) To be righteous, we have to take responsibility for our relationship with God.
We received it as a gift, but now we have to take responsibility for it. We have to be answerable to God regarding our relationship with Him.
a) We have to assess our relationship.
b) We have to submit to His authority.
c) We have to examine ourselves.
d) We have to seek to know Him through the word of God.
2) To be righteous, we have to know the will of God.
I can’t be in oneness with His will if I don’t know it.
a) We have to identify God’s will through His word.
b) We have to know the will of God by His spirit.
c) We have to study God’s word.
We are here for a righteous cause. recovering those who are lost, rebuilding what has been torn down and repairing some bridges. God is calling us to righteousness. With a call to righteousness comes a call to respond to a righteous cause.