There is always a move of God in every dispensation. God has something that He desires to do for His glory and for our benefit.
2018 FTH Worldwide Theme: To Maximize and Strengthen the Dispensation of God given to us through Godly Change.
Our local church theme: Maximizing this dispensation that God has given us through preparing the church through the next move of God.
Intent: Make us aware of the dispensation that God has given us to fulfill His purpose.
Purpose: Cause us to be suitable for God’s purpose.
Goal: To be suitable to be used by God for His purpose.
In order to to do the works of Christ, we have to leave that which is familiar and that which is secure. We can’t prepare and mature, if we hold on to familiar knowledge. God will always move us into something that is not familiar, not secure, and uncomfortable.
New Series: Doing the Works of Christ
His will is always in front of us and it is always outside of our comfort zone. When God asks us to move, it is always something that feels uncomfortable and unfamiliar.
Intent: That we know our purpose.
Purpose: To renew our mind and change our behavior.
Goals: To change the priorities of our life.
1) (Why) Teach us to know Why we are here.
2) (Who) Teach us to accept Who we are.
3) (Do) Teach us to fulfill God’s Purpose.
Goal: We would appreciate (take responsibility for) the gift that God has given us.
Subtitle: Doing the works of Christ.
- We are from the Heart. God is more concerned with our hearts than He is with what we do. It is our heart that determines who we are. We do out of what’s in our hearts. We speak out of what’s in our hearts. We give our hearts to Jesus.
- Love is the foundation of from the heart. We show our love to God through our obedience. We show our love through our giving.
- We believe the Word of God and live according to the Word. If we are going to do what God has called us to do, to be like Jesus, we have no other option than to live a standard of righteousness. Our responsibility is to glorify God and to allow people to see Christ in us.
- Love causes us to seek and save the lost. The Lord wants us to do greater works (the works of Christ). We are Christ’s body and that is how He gets works done in the earth.
- In order to do, change must take place.
Change is hard and sometimes change hurts.
- a) Change is possible.
Thanks be to God that Jesus has provided us the power that brings change.
- b) We can make a difference in people’s lives.
Jesus gives us power to change our hearts, the power to change our witness, and the power to change our work. We need to appreciate and take responsibility for the gift that God has given us. When we are grateful, we will use it in our change of our heart, witness, and work.
- c) We receive power to change by the Holy Spirit.
- When we receive the Baptism with the Holy Spirit, it lets us see that Jesus is still alive. He dwells with us and in us. He sent another Comforter and He is going to do in you what Jesus did for you while He was on the earth. This is the power of change.
- d) We can’t grow and mature without the Spirt of God.
- We can’t be and do what God has created us to be and called us to do out of our intellect. It cannot be done out of human effort and human strength. When we know that Jesus is alive, it is the Spirit of God that brings change, where change is needed and that’s in our hearts. Because our hearts determine where we go and what we do.
The Lord wants us to do greater works than He accomplished during His earthly ministry. We are Christ’s body and it is through His body that He gets works done in the earth. In order to do those works, change must take place. Change is possible and we can make a difference. God provided the power that brings change, the power to change our hearts, the power to change our witness, and the power to change our world.