Join the Sports and Fitness Ministry on June 16, 2018 at 11:30 a.m. for our Stone Mountain Walking Fellowship.
Let’s get our bodies in shape for the next move of God. In order to have healthy bodies we must be a wise stewards of our temples that were given to us from God. We must maximize and strengthen the Lord’s temples, so that God may use us collectively as a church.
- The parking fee for Stone Mountain Park is $15.00 a car or $40.00 for a annual pass.
- You may want to consider car pooling to the park
- Once you enter the park drive straight until you reach the parking destination, the Historical & Environment Education Center. Remember to ask the parking attendant for a map of the park.
- There are restrooms next to the parking lot
- The walk around the park is 5 miles, therefore wear comfortable tennis shoes and loose workout clothing
- Remember it will be hot so please take your time walking around the park
- There are benches and two restrooms along the walk
- Walking with a friend at your pace or in group will provide motivation.
- Wear a small backpack to carry your water, cellular phone, and car keys.
Special Note: Always consult your physician before beginning any exercise program.